Tekflo’s tekPD-O range of oval gear positive displacement flow sensors provides an intuitive platform synonymous with the highest possible performance available for these type of flow sensors.
Commonly known as PD meters, tekPD-O sensors are suitable for sizes 6 – 200mm (1/4” – 8”) on clean liquids with viscosities from 0.3 to 20,000 mPa.s (centiPoise). They are mostly used for oil or fuel flow applications, with flow ranges covering 0.03 to 340 m3/h (0.13 – 1500 gpm). No straight pipe runs are necessary
tekPD-O sensors are manufactured under strict and certified ISO 9001 conditions. They are calibrated in Tekflo’s modern facility in Singapore and all traceable to USA National Institiute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Tekflo’s facility is also approved by Singapore’s Government SPSB Institution (Singapore Productivity Standard Board), which in turn is traceable German TUV and their world-wide TUV institutes. Calibration is accomplished on water or an appropriate viscosity oil. tekPD–O sensors all meet European PED and EMC directives.
Oval Gear Meters consists of two oval shaped, intermeshing gear wheels, which rotate with high precision within an outer body. The tekPD-O has a particularly high precision positive intermeshing action. This prevents leakage between the two gears. The pressure drop accompanied by the flowing media provides the necessary torque to rotate the oval gears, which in turn carries the media in portioned flows of precisely known volumes through the flow meter.
- Accuracy : ± 0.2% of reading over 5 : 1 range, ± 0.5% of reading over 10 : 1 range. USA NIST and International traceability
- Viscosity Range : 0.3 to 2000 mPa.s (centiPoise)
- Press Options : 10, 16, 25, 40, 63 bar g, 87, 145, 232, 362, 580, 913 psig
- Temperature : -20° to +60°C, -40° to +60°C, +60° to +200° C / -4° to +140° F, -40° to +140°C, +140° to 392°F
- Connections : ANSI 150/300, JIS 10 – 64k, DIN PN10 – 64
- Sizes : 6 – 200mm (1/4” – 8”)
- Flow ranges: 0.03 – 340 m3/h (0.13 – 1500 gpm)
- Wetted Mat’l : cast iron, 316L stainless steel, cast steel, bronze
- Integral Display: flow totals and instantaneous flow rate mechanical or LCD 7 digit cumulative counters
- Transmission : optional 4 – 20mA and scaled pulse output
- Power supply : 12V or 24 Vdc
- Flameproof Options : certified to Ex d II T4